STING RAY Robb
The Rise of Sting Ray Robb
JOURNEY TO INDY
Sting Ray started chasing his dream and began kart racing at age 5. Over the next ten years he garnered several National Titles and was twice ranked the number one US Driver in his age group. He remains the only Triple Crown winner - having won the Florida Winter Tour Championship, the CanAm Championship and the Challenge of the Americas Championship all in the same year. He earned a much coveted seat on Team USA in three consecutive years that allowed him to compete in Spain, Portugal and Italy. His transition to formula open wheel began at the Skip Barber Karts to Cars Shootout, where he was the recipient of the Bryan Herta Scholarship and named the Winter Series Rookie of the Year. That scholarship enabled him to transition to the Road to Indy at the age of 15.
StingRay’s Road to Indy is a testament to his determination and passion for racing.His dedication to the sport has garnered numerous honors, trophies, podiums,and championships along the way. As a young and true American racing driver, Sting Ray has proven himself against the world’s best at every level.
His solid performance continued in 2020 when Sting Ray won the Indy Pro 2000 CHAMPIONSHIP. He finished that Championship season with: 5 Poles, 7 Victories, 11 Podiums, 5 Fastest Laps, 4 Track Records and was the only driver to complete all 485 laps, along with leading the most laps for the entire season.
That Indy Pro Championship provided Sting Ray the opportunity to transition to Indy Lights where he successfully piloted the Andretti Autosport #2 to the 2022 Indy Lights VICE CHAMPIONSHIP. Sting Ray finished the 2022 season with 11 Top Five finishes, 8 Podiums, 4 Fastest Laps, 2 Poles, 1 Win, 99% Laps Completed.
Sting Ray is now realizing his dream of driving in the NTT INDYCAR Series piloting the #51 Dale Coyne Racing with Rick Ware Racing INDYCAR.
A TRUE INSPIRATION
Sting Ray’s name is no coincidence – he was born to race. He doesn’t just have a natural ability and passion behind the wheel, but he has worked painstakingly to perfect his craft. With every race, he proves that he is a force to be reckoned with. As a driver, Sting Ray is known for his consistent skill on the track, his fierce competitive spirit, and his unwavering determination. He is a true inspiration to aspiring young drivers around the globe, proving that with hard work and dedication, dreams can become a reality (even a kid from small town Idaho can make it to INDYCAR – proving all things are possible with God!)
Whether you’re a lifelong racing fan or just getting started, you won’t want to miss Sting Ray Robb. This all-American, man of faith, Champion driver is a rising star in the world of racing, and his journey to INDYCAR is just beginning. Stay tuned for more from Sting Ray Robb – you won’t be disappointed.
2023 ROOKIE INDYCAR SEASON
"Dale Coyne Racing has a historically distinguished program that has seen success with many drivers and most recently, with young, talented drivers. I look forward to continuing that trend and expecting strong results as we enter my rookie season. My heroes are all those who have come alongside me to make it possible for me to follow God’s calling in my life; and to them, I say, ‘Thank You’. All the glory goes to God." Sting Ray Robb
Sting Ray Robb's racing career highlights include a multiple championship titles. See exactly why he was named "Captain Consistent" by NBC/Peacock announcers and won the coveted 2018, 2019, and 2021 Road to Indy "Spirit" award.
- Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires Championship; 2ND PLACE
- 8 PODIUMS; 2 POLES; 1 WIN
- 2nd in Championship
- Dubbed “CAPTAIN CONSISTENT” BY 2022 NBC/PEACOCK race announcers
- Four Standing /Current Race Records
- 2021 Annual Road to Indy "Spirit" Award
- CHAMPION 2020 ROAD TO INDY INDYPRO 2000
- 5 POLES; 7 WINS; 11 PODIUMS; FIVE FASTEST LAPS ; ONLY DRIVER TO COMPLETE ALL 485 LAPS
- 2020 Aim Annual "MOVE OF THE YEAR" Award
- 2020 CHAMPIONSHIP SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
- 2019 Aim Annual "MOVE OF THE YEAR" Award
- 2019 Annual Road to Indy "Spirit" Award
- Finished seventh in his sophomore Indy Pro 2000 Championship Presented by Cooper Tires season, earning his first series podium at Indianapolis and setting a new race lap record at St. Petersburg
- Captured a Tilton Hard Charger Award
- Royal Purple Slickest Pass Award
- 2018 Annual Road to Indy "Spirit" Award
- “2017 “PLEASE PLEASE MAKE IT TO INDYCAR AWARD” M. PRUETT of RACER MAGAZINE (because Sting Ray has the coolest race car driver name)
- Named “STAR OF THE RACE” numerous times by Rob Howden, Indycar Broadcast Team/RTI Insider
- Finished sixth in his rookie Indy Pro 2000 Championship Presented by Cooper Tires season with a season-best of fourth at St. Petersburg, Road America and Watkins Glen
- Competed in two Formula Car Challenge categories
- Finished fifth in FormulaSPEED 2.0 with one win and six total podium finishes and 10th in Pro Formula Mazda with two podiums
- Youngest ever to compete in NASCAR K & N Racing
- Earned Rookie of the Year honors with a second-place finish in the Skip Barber Winter Series
- 3 Wins; 6 Podiums; 1 Pole; 1 Fastest Lap
- Grand Marshall of Local Hometown Parade
- Finished second in the Skip Barber Karts to Cars Shootout to earn the Bryan Herta Career Advancement Scholarship
- The Only karting Triple Crown Champion with three International karting Championships
- Challenge of the Americas - Champion
- Florida Winter Tour - Champion
- Can-Am Championship - Champion
- Named to Team USA for the Grand Finals in Portugal
- Named Qualifying Member of Team USA to 2016 Grand Finals in Sarno, Italy
- Finished second in the Rotax Grand Nationals in Junior MAX and won the Rotax Junior Florida Winter Tour
- Named Rookie of the Year in the Rotax Junior MAX with 15 podiums and seven pole positions in 18 events
- Super Pole winner at the U.S. Rotax Grand Nationals
- Named to Team USA at the 2014 Grand Finals in Valencia, Spain
- Named a Qualifying Member of Team USA to the 2015 Grand Finals in Portugal
- Named "Top US Driver" in Age Bracket
- Won numerous karting races nationally and internationally
- Ranked the #1 USA Mini-Max Driver at 11 years old and qualified for the Mini-Max Team USA Invitational in New Orleans
- Earned championships in three different series to acquire an invitation to the Rotax Grand Finals